Frequently Asked Questions about building a new website.
Important terms and definitions for website owners:
- WordPress: Over 58% of today’s websites are built using WordPress. It is a powerful, open source tool that offers the most manageable online system for any size business.
- Content Management System (CMS): WordPress is a CMS system. It allows the owner to edit and add pages, images, products and blog entries to their website. This keeps costs lower as far as paying somebody else to do the work.
- Hosting: A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for your website to be published and seen on the Internet. Your website information is stored on special computers called servers that your “web host” runs.
- Keywords: Keywords are words and phrases that best describe your business, your product and what your customers are searching for. Knowing your keywords is important for improving your visibility on the internet.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is the practice, the fine tuning of your website to increase visitor traffic and conversions ie. more sales.
- Responsive Mobile Website: This means your site works well on cell phones and tablets. Today more people are searching on mobile devices such as cell phones and tablets. One the highest ranking factors for google is that your website works on mobile devices.
- Domain Name: A Domain Name is the friendly naming system used to create addresses for web servers and web pages. Domain Names are like phone numbers for the internet. The Domain Name System gives your website a memorable and easy-to-spell address for your web host to make your site viewable and findable on the internet.
What is the process for me to start a website for my business?
Mobile Advertising Partners will help you through every stage of the web design process. Get started by reading our article: Building a Website: The Process
How long does it take to design and build a website?
Depending on the size of your website the process can take from one week to 4 weeks from beginning to end.
Do I need my own domain name and web hosting?
Yes, we can help you with this part of the process. There are options for hosting. We can host your website or you can purchase your own hosting account from a provider such as GoDaddy, which we highly recommend.
Will my website work on mobile devices?
Google says today more searches are done from mobile devices than desktop computers. This makes it extremely important that your site works on cell phones and tablets. At Mobile Advertising Partners “responsive mobile websites” are our top priority.
Do you offer logo design or photography services for my site?
We offer logo designs and we work with other artists to help make sure your company has a great looking logo. We also offer photography services to make sure your site and your photos look professional and represent your business.
Do you provide training?
One of the top benefits of WordPress is the customer can edit and add pages, photos, blog articles. We help you get started running your own website with the necessary training and resources.
Do you offer monthly service and maintenance plans for websites?
We offer a variety of monthly plans to make sure your site is running smoothly and consistently. Check out our plans page: Monthly Care Plans
Wondering what it takes to build a website for your business? Check out this article: 6 Things You Need to Build A Website!
Are you familiar with how a website is built? Check out this article to find out how the process works: Building a Website: The Process